HR/Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Waunakee Remodeling, Inc.
|Job Title||HR/Payroll & Benefits Specialist||FLSA Status||Non-Exempt|
|Department||91 - Office||Revised Date||3/1/2018|
|Reports to (Title)||Controller|
- Plans, directs and administers all company human resources functions, including oversight of recruitment and hiring practices, payroll and benefit administration, risk management, LOAs, training and staff development, employee relations, oversight of disciplinary process. This role is additionally responsible for assuring company-wide compliance with all local, state and federal employment related laws and regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process bi-weekly payroll for salaried, hourly, and employees paid on piece rate
- Maintain benefit elections for employees
- Manage TPA of Medical, Dental, COBRA, Flexible Spending, 401K, ERISA Compliance, and Life and Disability plans and oversee internal administration activities
- Lead recruitment efforts, from ad placements to phone screens to assist management through the hiring process
- Compile bi-weekly commission statements for sales staff review and payroll processing
- Host New Employee Onboarding Program
- Assist employees with leaves of absence that can involve EAP, FMLA, ADA, Workman’s Compensation and an aggressive return to work program
- Serve as a resource for and advise managers and employees about requirements and changes in employment laws, policies and practices.
- Represent the company in a variety of Employee Relations matters including responding to and resolving performance issues, grievance processes, terminations, disciplinary matters and legal matters
- Manage all employee records, ensuring compliance and completeness
- Organize companywide meetings and events
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or relevant years of experience in HR and payroll related field required.
- CEBS, CPP and/or PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Experience using iSolved HCM a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience across all HR related activities; including employment relations, payroll administration, benefits & compensation, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Typical workday hours 7:00am – 3:30pm or as needed.
- Minimal travel for this position.